Vital (and not so vital) statistics
- Born: 12th June 1982 in Louvain, Belgium
- Why there? My parents were at Université catholique de Louvain for my father’s MA when both myself and my sister were born.
- Returned to Sri Lanka in 1985
- Primary and secondary education at St. Peter’s College (1988-2001)
- Studied at Informatics Institute of Technology (2001-2005) where the MMU degree programme was offered. My dad was instrumental in setting this up in the late 1980’s, and in recognition, I was offered a scholarship by Dr. Gamini Wickramasinghe, the chairman of the Informatics Group of Companies.
- Met Asha, my best friend and soul mate. She was with me at IIT, and is now working at Pan Asia Bank. We got engaged on the 17th of August, 2007.
- Working out
- Cars and aviation
- Distributed Computing
- Information Systems Security
- High-performance Computing